Region 10 Regional Quality Council Manager
Toll free: 888-732-8520
How did you first get involved with the Quality Council and The Arc?
I was actually referred to The Arc Southeast Minnesota by a friend of mine who knew that I have a passion for helping people. My education is in Social Work, however, because “life happens”, I had been led down different paths of employment opportunities that allowed me to use my social work education and skills, but not directly in the field. I read the job description, and immediately applied for the position of Region 10 Quality Council Manager, as it reflected my desire to help people, as well as use other skills I had developed over the years, such as Quality Improvement and Operations Management. When was offered the position, and started the rewarding work of developing a process that will help improve the lives of other…I finally felt like I had come “home”.
What do you enjoy the most about the work you do?
I enjoy every aspect of the work that I do, however, I most enjoy that I get to work with, and learn from, a talented and diverse group of people, with a wide range of experience and expertise, on a daily basis.
What would you like to say to people who may be reading this for the first time, and to those who are more familiar with The Arc, the State/Regional Quality Council, and other similar organizations?
I would like to say how I never fail to be amazed by the passion, knowledge, resourcefulness, kindness, and drive of all the people in our region and state, who collaborate to help people with disabilities have choice and control in their lives. I am thrilled to be a partner in the work of helping to build a community that is inclusive, where all people are valued for their abilities, and where people can live full and productive lives where they can choose how they live, learn, work and play.
Fast Facts about Kerri:
What people appreciate about me:
- Sense of humor
- Contagious laugh
- Kind and caring nature
- My knowledge of technology
- I am always willing to help
- My work ethic
- My optimism
What is most important to me:
- It is Important to me to be able to spend quality time with my family.
- It is important to me to be a good Mom.
- My dogs are important to me
- My job is important to me
- My friends are important to me
- It is important to me to help others understand that they have choices in their lives
How to support me:
- Be patient…I like to think things through before acting or making a decision
- Be kind and thoughtful in your words
- Be Flexible. Flexibility is important in my life…I have a lot going on!
- Be honest
- Have a sense of humor