Arrowhead Regional Quality Council Program Manager
How did you first get involved with the Quality Council and The Arc?
I had been working for a provider in the region for several years as a Quality Improvement Specialist. As I came across the job posting for the Arrowhead Regional Quality Council Program Manager, I was instantly intrigued in learning more about the work that was being done to improve services for people with disabilities. The mission, values, and goals of the Council mirrored my own personal passions in the field. I enjoy being able to lead, teach, and support people as we work together toward common goals.
What do you enjoy the most about the work you do?
Being an advocate and helping support people to live the life that they want is important to me and a core value of the work of the Arrowhead Regional Quality Council. I feel passionate about making sure that people have a voice and the choice and control over what they feel is most important to them. When I am able to assist and empower others with person centered thinking concepts, I feel good about the work that I am doing. I am thrilled to be a part of the work that strives for quality of life for people and I hope to continue working to meet the mission and vision of the Council to create systems changes in the Arrowhead Region as well as statewide.
What would you like to say to people who may be reading this for the first time, and to those who are more familiar with The Arc, the State/Regional Quality Council, and other similar organizations?
The Arc and the Regional Quality Councils are passionate about connecting with people and sharing best practices. We are able to provide advocacy, training, education, and resources to better support people with disabilities, families, the community, and those providing services.
Fast Facts about Lori:
What people appreciate about me:
- My willingness to help and make time for others
- I am honest and approachable
- I have an easy-going attitude and good sense of humor
- I am able to prioritize needs and make decisions on my own
- I am efficient with my time
What is most important to me:
- Spending quality time with my family and friends
- Being outdoors and staying active
- Balance between work and home life
- Being able to mentor and educate others
- Empowering others to be self-advocates
How to best support me:
- Give me time to make my own choices
- Allow me to work independently
- Show appreciation for my efforts
- Provide thoughtful feedback on my work
- Understand when I am stressed and need to take a break